Monday, March 2, 2015

Netanyahu's speech writer


Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am honored to be here today, representing the citizens of the state of Israel.

Be warned, this speech will surprise you.

First and foremost, I would like to thank President Obama, and the United States of America, for their undying support of the State of Israel from the moment of its conception to this day. I don’t know where we would be without your friendship.

Now I would like to speak directly to the entire Arab world, but most specifically to the Palestinians people, to our neighboring countries, to those who are already allies and those who will hopefully soon be, and to the people of Iran.

I would like, from this stage, to reach out my hand in Peace. Enough bloodshed, enough animosity. We have sacrificed ourselves and more horribly our children, their bodies, their souls, their minds, their dreams, their futures, for too many years on the altar of this senseless conflict. We are all children of Abraham and we should behave as brothers. I am here to take this first step, without looking back, without pointing fingers, without self-righteousness, without illusions. I know there is much animosity, much disagreement, there are real dangers threatening the entire region, dark forces at work striving to destroy our dreams of freedom and proseprity, of LIFE, but we must all work together to diminish these, and find common ground wherever it exists.

With you, the Palestinians, it has been too long we have been procrastinating. We would like to return, immediately, to the negotiation table, striving to implement the two state solution as I myself said in my now-famous Bar Ilan speech some years ago ; Israel and Palestine, side by side, in a symbiotic relationship, caring for each other,  sharing ideas, nurturing life, recognizing the fact that only if one side is allowed flourish can the other hope to do the same.

 

With you, members of the Arab league, neighbors near and far, we strive to reach an agreement that will include a just and fair solution for the Palestinians and security arrangements for Israel and the entire region, business relations and opened borders.  We must work together to fight extremism, to strengthen the region’s economic prospects, preserve and share our natural resources, enable every child to have access to clean water, food, shelter and above all an education with which she/he can build a life.

We can and should strengthen each other, protect each other, care for each other. It is our common interest.

Finally, to you, people of Iran , I say this: the nuclear threat has been hovering above all of our heads for too long, it is time to let go:

Let go of the megalomania, the paranoia, the lust for power and strength, the vocabulary of fear. Enough!

I propose we BOTH rid ourselves of nuclear weapons, and I include Israel in this equation. For if we work together to find common ground, with respect and an opened mind, if we agree to strive for peaceful relations, what need will ANY of us have of this horrible weapon of mass destruction? Why waste  time and money on such monstrous objects when we have so much to do with our resources, wisdom and cunning? We should be using them to supply our citizens with opportunities for livelihood and education, create sustainable energy, preserve nature, build infrastructure, promote equal rights and opportunities for all, and the list goes on and on.  

To summarize my offer:

1.    No nuclear weapons, for anybody in the middle-east.

2.    A regional agreement that will start with the Palestinians, and embrace the entire Arab world, wherever there are partners for dialogue, and I know they exist, backed and secured by the US and the international community as a whole.

I am willing to take the first, courageous step, in the name of my people, the citizens of Israel.

I believe we have no chance to survive in the region if we do not initiate a positive dynamic, one of good will and action, and I would like to lead this movement

 I have no idea if this plan, at this moment in time after all that has come to pass, will lead us to the fulfillment of our goals, but I do know, that continuing on the present  destructive track we are all on, will lead to our certain demise.

I do not know if I will be in office long, as elections are coming up. My words are not meant to serve me, but a higher ideal. I wish these words to be my legacy, continued by my successors and on into the future.

A future of life.

Thank you for your attention.

 

 

 

1 comment: